Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Comet ISON

I managed to find comet ISON yesterday morning and put together an image that shows some galaxies in the background. Before the Sun rose I got 17X180 second subs and stacked these then layered a single sub to bring the comets core back to focus. Full size image can be view here: http://www.astrobin.com/full/59447/?mod=none

Last week this comet passed by the planet Mars on its first journey around the Sun. The comet will circle the Sun November 21-30. If it survives it could be a spectacular naked eye comet.

Comet ISON on the morning of October 8, 2013, in the constellation Leo.


1 comment:

  1. I do so hope it holds together as it passes around the sun! I remember looking and looking for that one comet years ago, and we never did get to see it. I want to see one with my very own eyes...no telescope needed!

    ReplyDelete