Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Seven Sisters

I was able to get in another test image with the Levenhuk 80mm triplet. I'm really starting to like this scope and Astro Tech focal reducer/field flattener combo. Not missing the AT65EDQ quite so much now. This image of M45, also known as The Pleiades and The Seven Sisters, was shot over two nights. I was able to stack 100 five minutes subs with this one for a total integration time of 8.3 hours. This is the most data I have put into an image to date. I was really hoping to get the faint dust surrounding the cluster to show up so I spent a good amount of time on it.

The Seven Sisters and the Andromeda galaxy were the first two images Cara and I stacked almost a year ago now. A lot has been learned in the last year and its nice to look back and see improvement made in our imaging and processing techniques.


1 comment:

  1. I really like this star cluster. To me, it looks like an angel up in the sky! I didn't even realize all that dust was out there!

    ReplyDelete